Monday, April 18, 2011

end of first year

So as I finished my last exam last friday night, I came to realise that I am done. I have successfully completed my first year of university.  It seems almost surreal that it is over, and it seems as though it has gone by way to quickly. I'm in a little bit of a state of shock. As you can imagine, for the past month i have been insanely busy, whether working on multiple essays or studying or writing exams i always had something i should be doing. However, now that all that is over, as my first year is done, I am at a loss of what to do with myself. I feel as though i don't have a purpose any longer. I'm sure that will change and i will envy my time of nothingness when i start my summer job, but for now i feel almost empty inside.

Having a four month summer worries me for a couple of reasons. firstly my brain went to mush in a two month summer....next September is going to be brutal. secondly, it was hard enough keeping in contact with everyone over a two month summer, and who lived in the same city as I do. This is different now as all of my friends i have made this year live in other places, most in the Toronto area. I know it will be similar to leaving my friends behind as i did in September when i first came to university. It feels different though, as I was leaving behind more than just my friends. I was leaving behind my old life. I have created something new for myself in Ottawa, and i wonder if leaving these friends will feel like i am leaving my new self and going back to my old self....i guess we will see.

anyways, to change up the beat of this post....I'm currently working on cover letters to send with my resume to random places and cross my fingers to get a job. i have huge plans for next year particularily reading week, but that all hinges on the amount of money i earn for myself this summer. and because the price of gas is soooo high its necessary to have a job that earns you big bucks. lol. i'm tired of cover letters and my resume is as week as shit lol. whateves it will all work out i'm sure. although i've only been home for about 29 hours and am already being driven insane by my family. lol c'est la vie!

xoxoxo
Becca


ps.....i would appreciate comments from readers if there really are any. it kinda validates my blog in a way lol. I promise i'm nice and i don't bite....not hard anyways :p lol

No comments:

Post a Comment