Friday, May 31, 2013

Hiddlestoner

Hello Readers!

So in my other blog I talked about the new Star Trek movie, Into Darkness, and how I loved Benedict Cumberbatch in it. That got me thinking about other British Actors that I love. I think most of my favourite actors are British. I think it's the accent. It excites me! I also tend to like British TV series and shows more than American ones. Two of my favourite shows are British, Doctor Who and Sherlock (if you haven't checked either out, I would strongly recommend that you do. While I love Cumberbatch and David Tennant will always hold a place in my heart (he was the 10th Doctor, the first Doctor I ever watched on Doctor Who--and a nice piece of man-candy with awesome hair). While I do love these two men, and other British Actors, everyone pales in comparison to my current obsession, TOM HIDDLESTON.

Who is Tom Hiddleston? you may ask. He's a British actor, obviously, who is probably best known for playing Loki in the Avengers's movies as well as the Thor series of movies. I'm a super superhero nerd, especially Marvel superheros, so of course this fact just adds to his awesomeness to me. (Side note, I have been intending to, and have finally, bought and started reading DeadPool comics, and am in love. He can't rival my love of Spiderman, but I do enjoy reading about the Merc with a mouth). I loved Loki's character when I read the Thor comics, as there is just something tragic about his character, and as mentioned before, I kinda have a thing for the villains. It was in this role that I was first introduced to Hiddleston (Hiddles, as his fans like to affectionately call him). Even playing a villain, with long, greasy hair, my heart was lost. I couldn't tell you exactly what it is about him, but there is something. After seeing him in that movie I was hungry for  more, so I started watching other movies and TV shows that he was in.

I absolutely love British actors for another reason, they act in movie productions of Shakespearean plays quite often. For example, David Tennant gives my favourite portrayal of Hamlet ever. Hiddles acted in the movie productions of King Henry IV part 1 and part 2. All together that is like 4 hours of Hiddleston screen time, so of course I'm going to watch it. A good friend of mine and fellow Hiddlestoner came over and we thoroughly enjoyed our evening watching Hiddles. Shakespeare and Hiddleston, what could be better?

Hiddles also acted in the TV series Wallander, which is a detective series, and is actually pretty good. Not the best show I've seen the BBC broadcast, but it was definitely interesting. Tom is not the main character in this show, but plays a lesser role and is sort of the "tech guy" in this show--kinda. The main character orders him around and doesn't appreciate him, which makes me angry and sad at the same time.

Hiddles was also in War Horse, for all of 10 minutes. I watched the movie till the end in hopes that his character would come back, but sadly he didn't. That 10 minutes was awesome though.

If you are a Hiddles fan, I'd recommend you watch the movie, Deep Blue Sea. It is a romance movie, in a sense, and you get to see Hiddles bum in it, bonus. If you aren't a fan, the movie won't do much for you.

Hiddlston has been in so much more, but I won't list everything. If interested that is what the internet is for. What is weird to me about this obsession, is that it is an obsession. I've never obsessed about anyone before. I've had my fair number of celebrity crushes, Ryan Gosling, Ben Kowalewicz, just to name a few, but I have never truly obsessed over them. I never go into super "fangirl" mode. But I do for Hiddles. My heart races when he is on screen and I can't stop smiling. I've watched so many interviews that he's done on youtube that the channel is contently giving me recommendations to other interviews. And the oddest thing is that I can't pinpoint what makes him so different from other people I've crushed on before. Maybe it is because he makes my nerd heart sing, which is rare for other celebrities to do, as he acts in movies that really appeal to that part of me.

Ohh well, that's my post for today. Nothing too interesting, just something I had to get off of my chest. My dream is to meet him someday, but I realistically know that that will never happen, but a girl can dream, right?

Do you have any celebrity obsession you will admit to? Let me know in the comments.

xoxoxo
Becca

Ohh and here's a picture I found on facebook. It encapsulates two of my favourite things, Hiddles and Doctor Who. It's from the page "Doctor Who and the Tardis by Craig Hurle" https://www.facebook.com/The.Doctor.Who.Tardis

It's Hiddles as the embodiment of the Doctor's Time Machine, the Tardis. Enjoy:


No comments:

Post a Comment