Monday, February 14, 2011

So today is Valentine's Day...

Hey! So in honour of it being valentine's day, i decided that it was appropriote to start this blog post off with a favorite poem about valentine's day. A friend showd me this poem about a year ago and I love it dearly. I did not write it, it is from http://www.avaruusmies.com/vitsit/englanti/275.html Hope you enjoy!

Hearts and roses and kisses galore...
What the hell is all that shit for?
People get mushy and start acting queer
It is definitely the most annoying day of the year
This day needs to get the hell over with and pass
Before I shove a dozen roses up Cupid's ass
I'll spend the day so drunk I can't speak
And wear all black for the rest of the week
Guys act all sweet, but it soon will fade
For all they are doing is trying to get laid
The arrow Cupid shot at me must not have hit
Because I think love is a crock of shit
So there's the story... what else can I say?
Love bite my ass...
 Fuck Valentine's Day!



Cheery no?? It perfectly captures my feelings about this horrendous day of the year.  I HATE VALENTINE'S DAY. It is a day for single people to feel lonely and sad and for couples to show off the fact that they have a significant other. Even if I had a significant other I think i would still hate it. I believe that a boyfriend/girlfriend should want to show their affection at random times because it would make their partner smile. This one day a year of romance thing is kinda an excuse for slacking off for the rest of the year! my friend Sarah made a good point today, Valentine's day is like an anniversary, a day to celebrate being with the person you love. But an anniversary is personal, and special to couples, not a mass produced holiday of sorts.

The real reason that valentine's day is a holiday is to promote consumerism. Flower sales and chocolate sales must be through the roof...and for what?  to show someone that you love them? if its important to you, your significant other should already know that.

Some of the most tramatizing experiences in late elementry school and highshcool come on valentines day.  CANDY GRAMS....or little packages from Hell. Every year on valentines day a person would come around to every class room and hand out candy grams. Everyone would look up hopefully as they were passed out, and the disappointment was crushing when you didn't recieve one. You would think of yourself unworhty and secretly hate every single person who got a Candy gram or three,  when you didnt. You would feel sub-par. And me, never having a BF on valentine's day, was always that person. Eventually my friends and I got smart. We would send grams to eachother, to stop the embarrasment and bad feeling.

Valentine's day is just an excuse to make single people feel that being single is a bad thing....which it is NOT!!

Thats my rant on Valentine's day.  Hope you enjoyed it and i hope it lifted the spirits of the single people!
Keep Calm, Carry on and....

FUCK VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am spending valentines day in the computer lab coding... :D
    Also, I hate consumerism. It should all burn!

    ReplyDelete